While there are many different types of construction materials, the emphasis of our talk today will be composite decking. We can evaluate which material is most cost-effective for your home’s deck by comparing the costs of composite decking, PVC decking, and wood decking.
More long-lasting than a wooden deck
Depending on the layout of your home’s backyard or garden. Composite decking series items may meet your specific needs. You may, for example, designate a classic wood decking area as an activity corner. Wood, on the other hand, is prone to decay due to the year-round corrosion caused by environment and temperature variations.
However, extreme weather does not cause corrosion in composite decking. In comparison to traditional timber products, composite decking has a longer lifespan. When building a deck with a firm base, composite decking should be prioritized.
Wood-plastic composite decking offers numerous advantages that traditional wood decking does not. Daily maintenance also does not necessitate any complex work on your side.
So how much does composite decking cost?
The composite decking is priced competitively, and the cost per square foot may be calculated. Composite decking boards range in price from $3 to $6 per square meter. A composite deck typically costs between $2 and $4 per square foot. This page contains the cost of composite decking material.
Is the cost of composite decking justified?
Without a doubt, yes. By using the conventional composite decking pattern, you can lower the cost per square foot of installation. Composite decking is a low-maintenance building material that is also environmentally friendly. Composite decking comes with a 25-year warranty and does not require staining, painting, or covering to keep its new appearance. Because of its improved performance and ease of installation, an increasing number of homeowners opt to beautify their homes with composite decking.
Composite decking has an unrivaled life expectancy of up to twenty-five years when compared to other deck flooring materials. Furthermore, it outperforms pressure-treated lumber and allows you to adjust the color, surface, and dimension to your preference. Decking board is commonly found in suburban estates, parks, gardens, and even private residential backyards.
Easy to maintain
Because wood absorbs a lot of water, causing severe corrosion problems, painting its surface takes significant time and financial expenditure.
Composite decking, on the other hand, has an extraordinary resistance to moisture absorption, guaranteeing that it remains dry and neatly ordered all year. Because of its high density, the composite decking’s moisture-resistant and waterproof properties provide constant safety.
Composite decking has a substantially higher density than pressure-treated wood. Low maintenance is a great method to cut down on the labor costs connected with composite decking. This is one of the price differences between timber decking and composite decking.
Composite decking is more durable. It can be used for nearly three decades without requiring excessively complicated maintenance. Other flooring materials, such as ipe wood and conventional wood, necessitate the application of a protective coating to their surfaces.
Composite decking boards come in a wide range of colors, allowing you to choose the hues or tones that best complement your interior design choices. Simply said, composite decking mimics the brilliant colors and textures of actual wood. Composite decking that resembles natural wood is one alternative, and the surface’s 3D wood grain pattern can provide an authentic mood that blends well with the surroundings.
Absence of fading
Even when exposed to the outdoors all year, composite decking is resistant to fading; in fact, its colors can retain their brand-new appearance from the moment you purchase it. The maker of composite decking is always innovating and developing new wood composite decking products.
How to Make Composite Decking Boards for Less Money
- Perform the repairs yourself. You may choose to build the composite deck yourself if you have the proper substructure. When the cost of installing composite decking is compared to the cost of installing wood decking, you may discover that installing composite decking is significantly cheaper, faster, and easier.
- The steps for preparing the location and installing the joists may become more involved. You may wish to hire a professional to perform this, but after that, you may build composite decking on your own by following the instructions.
- When constructing your composite deck, consider a flat surface over a slanted one. It could cost tens of thousands of dollars to level the ground in order to install a wood deck.
- Select a natural and straightforward style for your wood deck. There will be less time and effort required.
- Many contractors will save money and have more cost flexibility if they build a deck in the late fall or winter.
- Remove any fixtures that require water or electricity to eliminate the requirement for plumbing pipes and lighting.
- Remove the old wood that was removed from the old floor and dispose of it properly. Alternatively, you might delegate the task to your supplier, which may be a less expensive option.