TNPDS is Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System. It is a portal owned by the government of Tamil Nadu to apply for smart ration cards online. The government of Tamil Nadu has simplified the application procedure of TNPDS ration cards and has enabled online submission of the application of ration cards.
This is a part of the digitization process which is going across the country. Via TNPDS smart ration card, the Tamil Nadu government has also made applications and other ration card services accessible online. This smart card will be available in its digital form.
How can you register on the government portal of TNPDS?
The government of Tamil Nadu has made it easy for the citizens to apply for the smart ration card. The citizens of Tamil Nadu can also apply for the ration card online via the TNPDS portal without even visiting the government office. Below are the steps to register for the smart TNPDS ration card online.
- First open official website of TNPDS, i.e., tnpds.gov.in.
- Now go to the smart card application services option and click apply new smart card.
- Now you have to fill the form with important details like address, name of the family head, details regarding family members, select card option, choose gas connection, proof of residents, and lastly, upload the family head photo and provide the residence documents.
- After completing these details, hit submit button.
- After applying, you will receive the reference number on your registered mobile number. You should keep this reference number safe for future correspondence.
TNPDS smart card checks status online
Once you have successfully applied for the TNPDS smart ration card, it will take only a few days to approve your submitted application. By that time, you can check the status of your application via the TNPDS portal. Here are the steps for the same.
- First, visit the official website of TNPDS.
- Now you have to click on the ‘smart card application status’ option, located under the ‘smart card application services
- On the next page, you need to enter your reference number, which is sent to the registered mobile number of TNPDS.
- After these inputs, you need to hit the submit button, and your application status will appear on the screen.
Also read: TAFCOP Portal Login
How can you download TNPDS smart card?
Once the Tamil Nadu government approves your application, you can easily download your TNPDS smart ration card with the help of its official portal. Follow the below steps.
- Visit the official website of TNPDS and login to it with the help of your registered credentials, i.e., a valid username and password.
- Now you need to enter your mobile number. Remember that it should be the same as the number mentioned during the registration process.
- After this, enters a valid CAPTCHA code and then hit submit button.
- Now you will receive an OTP on your mobile; enter that OPT on the screen and hit the option ‘smart card print.’
- Now save it in the form of a PDF.