The EPassTN (Tamil Nadu) is the online system for issuing travel passes to people who want to travel within the state during the ongoing COVID pandemic.
The system is also designed to help ensure people’s safety by reducing the risk of COVID–19 transmissions.
Every state has its criteria and rules to tackle the COVID pandemic. When we visit one state to another, we are bound to follow the laws and regulations of that state.
Similarly, Tamil Nadu has its own strict rules for the people within the state.
Tamil Nadu state offers a TN E-pass for every residence. The TN EPass is only necessary in the time of lockdown or curfew. So these passes can be used for emergencies.
Various services like traveling emergency, medical facility, and grocery shopping can be done with the help of this pass.
This pass is available on the official website of TN e-registration, eregister.tnega.org.
Procedure to apply TN EPass Online
The pass is mandatory for the state people of Tamil Nadu. So if you are in this state for any reason, you must avail yourself of this pass.
Here is the procedure for applying it.
- First, visit the official website of TN E-pass.
- A new application form will appear in front of you.
- You need to fill this form carefully with the details like
- Name of applicant
- Mobile number
- Date of birth
- Address of applicant
- Details for pass
- Purpose of travel
- Vehicle type
- Vehicle registration
- Members traveling
- The last one is to agree on terms and conditions and options
Are you eligible for a TN e-pass?
You can check below for checking eligibility.
- Emergencies for death or any other event.
- IT and financial sectors like banks.
- Common people for buying their healthcare items, food, dairy, and grocery
- Essential services like postal services, water, fire, police, doctors, and others.
- On duties government officers and the employees.
What are the expected activities of TN EPass?
A person who belongs to this field does not have any kind of right for applying the pass.
- Animal raising
- Pasturage and farming
- Belongs to the MSMEs
- Related to the agriculture fields.
Also read: TNPDS Login
Interstate travel via EPass
When applying for the inter–state TN EPass, you need to follow the procedure below.
- First, visit the official website of TN EPass.
- Now open the inter-state travel registration link.
- Now input your valid phone number and click on generate OTP.
- After this, correctly fill the OTP in the designated field and the form.
- Once done, hit submit button.
How can you use TN EPass for travel?
Once you have got the TN EPass, you can use it for traveling within Tamil Nadu or outside the state for any emergency.
Make sure to carry the digital or printed copy of your TN EPass during your journey.
When you arrive at your destination, you must show your TN EPass to the concerned authorities, i.e., health officials or police, who will verify your details and permit you to proceed.